Saturday 12 September 2015

Return to Neverwinter and completely baffled!

So I decided to return to a couple of MMO's I've played in the past, Star Trek Online and Neverwinter. Both are Cryptic games so play in a similar way and both left me feeling completely baffled. When I logged into STO, the screen flashed with so many updates and messages I logged out straight away.

Then I tried Neverwinter and experienced the same thing. I've only been away for about 12 months, but so much has changed and even though my main was just 7 levels from cap when I left I now feel like a complete Noob. I have bags full of gear I don't know what to do with, skills I don't know how to activate and so many open quests and invites I'm left feeling overwhelmed. I managed to find a level appropriate quest line and did a few quests without dying too much, before running into a massive Dragon, that was apparently "Heroic Level"

I assisted in taking the dragon down, though I'm sure my contribution was very little and got more currency I don't know what to do with. Maybe I should just roll a new character and start from scratch again.

Have you ever returned to an MMO and felt completely lost?

No comments:

Post a Comment