Wednesday 19 August 2015

Blaugust Day 19 - First time chasing Roving Threats in Lotro

Tonight I joined a raid to tackle some of the newer content in Lotro, Roving Threats. These elite level beasts are all over Middle Earth and require a sizable group to take down so running in a raid of 12 is ideal.

Having barely run in this size group before (my raiding experience runs to the ten minute Filkul raid in Moria) I had a great time and got some lovely barter tokens, Gift-Giver's Brands, toward a shiny new weapon.

As time was limited, I only joined the raid for two zones, the frozen wastes of Forochel and the barren plains and hills of Angmar. In around an hour we took down a total of ten of these terrors. As these are aimed at level 100 characters, I was limited to using Pinestro the Warden, so I can't wait to get my Captain to level Cap to join the fun! Of course, that means I might have to amend my Gamer to do list!

Sadly because of how quickly it all happened, I didn't get decent screen shots of everything we killed but here are a few of them.

Gronkerna the Mammoth

Ukko Surma the Ice Giant

Ulkharn the Rogmul

Ashthrok the Fire Troll

Vélnas the Nameless

Amardam the Caerog

This post is part of the Blaugust 2015 initiative. If you are interested in taking part, all the information can be found by clicking the logo below.


2 comments:

  1. Hmm, interesting to see people are doing those. I've never looked at them since they were added; then again, my server really is close to dead.

    ReplyDelete