Monday 18 August 2014

A Fistfull of Courgettes and a Shoebox of Spuds!





A few days away from the allotment and naturally the courgettes have been cropping like crazy again. Another 7, including a monster, to the neverending pile.








I also dug up the first batch of potatoes. These were from a bunch of old spuds I found at the bottom of my veg drawer, nicely sprouted. It was the very first thing I planted in the allotment and I'm very happy with the results. I got more from 3 plants than I did from 7 plants in my bag garden.







And finally, the most recent planting, some late peas. I've never had success with peas at home, so this was a nice surprise, our first pod! El and I popped it straight away and shared all three peas within.

As an aside, last week I had a productive time in the kitchen. Courgette and Chocolate Muffins, Courgette and Cheddar Scones and Courgette, Pear and Tomato Chutney. I'll get through these courgettes yet!





1 comment:

  1. Loving the bespoke labels on the chuntney, mate. I made do with a hand-scrawl on a plain paper sticker. I might have to up my game. Also: courgette, tomato and pear, eh? That third one is an ingredient I hadn't thought of, although I might be better off chucking in some of our apple surplus instead... hmmm.

    ReplyDelete